Helping each other can make world better
The group registered as a Society in 1989 with an objective to facilitate better quality of life in all its realms through community mobilisation, participatory governance based on sustainable natural resource management.
Thus community participation, education, protection and promotion of environment and social capital are central to the activities of the organisation. Emphasis on children, women and environment are major areas of attention of CARPED’s action research interventions that provide space for the participation and engagement of the stakeholders in analysis and change of the conditions forming the milieu of the people with whom CARPED works. Thus the target women are partners in the interventions and important stakeholders. CARPED emphasizes on making policies people oriented.
CARPED has been active in the areas of preventing displacement of the tribal communities, environment education and legal aid as part of larger networks, during the first five years. CARPED has initiated activities in Kowdipally mandal of Medak since 1994 with focus on woman and child issues and participatory community development based on natural resource management (NRM). Besides, it continued active involvement in networks, campaigns and movements to facilitate people’s development in varied spheres.
Initiatives for sustainable development
Centre for Action Research and People's Development(CARPED)
- Keith James Trevor – Chairman
- Maringanti Yadagira Charyulu – Vice Chairperson
- Mr.M.Bharath Bhushan – Secretary
- Myana Sudhaker – Joint Secretary
- Mr. L.Vidya Sagar -Treasurer
- Vishnu Vardhan – Exe. Member
- Korani Vidya Sagar – Exe. Member
- Comprehensive development of children (Child Rights)
- Mother and Child Health
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WaSH)
- Urban, Remote and Tribal areas
- Pilot Projects, Studies & Reports
- Environment, NRM, Environment Education
- Andhra Pradesh
- 20th Annual Polestar Foundation Awards 2018: Jury’s special recognition award in the health category for its work on arresting unnecessary hysterectomies
- 4th AmeriCares India Spirit of Humanity Awards 2013 Certificate of Merit in recognition of outstanding contribution towards health care for society in the women’s health category
- Savvy’s Men empowering women ( 2013 International Women’s Day special)
- Finalists at World Bank’s SARDM (South Asia Regional Development Marketplace 2008) Innovative ideas to tackle HIV/AIDS stigma & discrimination